Your How To Source: Issues of Value, Ethics, Human Needs and Deeds Edited by Heinz Dinter, PhD
The health benefits of hydrogen peroxide (2007-03-19)
I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide you can get for about a dollar at any drug store.
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (Do it when you bathe or shower) No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. Do you have fungus on your feet? Spray a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. If you have gangrene that will not heal with any medicine, try soaking in peroxide.
7. Put two capfuls into a douche to prevent yeast infections; try this once or twice a week.
8. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
9. Tilt your head back and spray into your nostrils with a 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into tissue.
10. If you have a terrible toothache and can not get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
11. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it’s not a drastic change.
12. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
13. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit f or a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
14. Use peroxide to clean mirrors; there is no smearing, which is why you will love it so much.
comments and contributions.
Not yet a subscriber to
Grand Lifestyle published every month?
The Grand Lifestyle news journal is an email service designed with you in mind. I think you will enjoy reading it. However, if you wish to unsubscribe, please click here.
You have my 100% guaranty
for protecting your privacy:
© 2003-2006 Grand Lifestyle Publisher
| Top |